This isn’t really a game, per-say, but it’s kind of interesting. Basically you just need to arrange the colors so the hue flows smoothly from left to right. Can your eye distinguish the nuances from square to square?
I got a 3 (lower is better). Apparently I have trouble with the reds, but 3 seems to be pretty good. What’s your score?
Link via Sara (who got a 4) (I’m just saying).
My brother visited me this weekend, and while he was here I noticed a disturbing lack of hair on the top of his head. In fact, he kind of has like a blond spot on top combined with thicker, darker patches on the side, giving him a semi-unique look.
Now, obviously I’m not one to talk when it comes to baldness. But really, I see myself every day, so I don’t think much about my own baldness. This, of course, led to this picture:
So I ask you, who has the most to worry about here?
The case against Nathan:
- He is 5 years younger, and thus *should* have more hair.
- His hair is longer, and thus doesn’t look as bald in the picture as it really is.
- His hair is generally lighter, and his skin is generally darker, so the bald patches don’t show up as much.
- His baldness is more diffuse, like a general thinning, instead of discreet and more drastic patches of baldness.
The case against Shane:
- Look at that picture, my goodness.
- There is an actual reflection on the top of his head from the flash.
- His forehead (five-head) starts way over the dome of his head, half-way to his ears.
So, there you have it. Speak now or forever hold your peace:
Okay, I got tagged on this dumb thing on Facebook. I wasn’t inclined to do it, since there are well over 25 random things about me here on my blog, but Sara’s constant nagging finally got to me. Some of these are stolen from my 8 things from about 8 months ago.
1) The first time I ever flew in an airplane was when I was a senior in college. I was actually flying to Philly for my job interview!
2) I taught myself how to play the guitar. I’ve been playing for about 7 years (not counting when I half-heartedly tried to teach myself in college)
3) I played the clarinet in my tiny school band from like 4th grade to 6th grade or thereabouts.
4) I was a green belt in Tae Kwon Do.
5) In going with the “skills you didn’t know I had” theme, I was in the fencing club in college. I only did it for about one year and I never participated in any tournaments, but I did own my own foil and everything.
6) When I was in about middle school, a couple of friends used to come over after school. We would use my bow to shoot arrows straight up in the air and then lay on the ground and see how close to us the arrows could fall to see whose nerve would break first.
7) When I was little I had this blanket that I took everywhere, and I liked to chew on it. My mom couldn’t get me to forget about them so whenever she washed them she would rip off a piece until they got so small I kind of had to give them up. My mom is mean!
8 ) Speaking of my mom being mean, when I was learning to drive my mom told me that she heard somewhere that if you see a box or a bag in the road you shouldn’t hit it because sometimes that’s how people get rid of unwanted kittens. Whaaaa?!? Why would you tell someone that!?! So now I have a pathological need to avoid any bag or box in the road even if I saw it just blow in and it couldn’t possibly contain kittens. But I just can’t risk it! Imagine the carnage!
9) When I was little I was blond. Like really, really blond! This lasted until I was like middle school.
10) I have been continuously employed since I was 15. I actually had a paper route for about 3 years before that, but I gave it to my sister and took a little break before starting at Subway.
11) When people used to ask me where I was from, I would always say, “Originally Wisconsin, but I grew up in Indiana.” Actually, though, we moved from Wisconsin when I was 6 so it is kind of random to mention it. I always felt a connection with Wisconsin though since we went back frequently to visit my large extended family.
12) I actually was accepted to college in Communication for a degree in film studies. I transfered into Computer Science before I started school though. I wanted to go into special effects.
13) I really wanted to go to Notre Dame and only applied to Purdue as a backup. I actually got accepted to Notre Dame (of which I am proud) but it was too expensive for me to go. Good thing I went to Purdue though, since I met Sara.
14) I have been accused of being obsessed with pirates and zombies.
15) Every time Sara goes out of town, I make myself ham and (fried) noodles.
16) When I’m sleeping, I *have* to pull the sheet up to my neck (for vampire protection! j/k). If it is hot, sometimes I will have my entire body out of the sheet with a little tendril across my neck.
17) I had my ear pierced. Twice. I used to wear a ring in the lower one and a stud in the top one.
18 ) The second time I got my ear pierced, my dad and I went together (although he was only getting his pierced for the first time).
19) When I was little I got my little brother and sister to give me their money so I could put it in my “bank” and charged them for the privilege of keeping their money safe. Then I didn’t mention it again until later when I gloated that the charges equaled the amount of money they had given me. My mom made me give them back their money, even though I revealed the contracts I’d made them sign before hand.
20) When I was about 5 I started a rock selling business. The rocks were priced between $0.05 and $1. I remember one of the more expensive ones was priced that way because I thought it looked like a hamburger. My only customers were my mom and dad and I think my mom still has some of the rocks.
21) One time I was supposed to be babysitting my little brother. My best friend and I built a fort for him and set a timer and told him not to come out until it went off. Then we walked to the comic book store and bought comic books. In a fit of guilt we bought a comic book for him. When he asked where we got the comic books from, we told him a man had lost his dog out front and he gave us the comic books as a reward for helping him find his dog.
22) When I was in middle school I played Dungeons and Dragons. My mom thought that meant I was a satan worshiper and she contacted our priest.
23) I used to take a blank piece of paper and draw roads all over it, crossing over and under each other and looping all around. I thought they were the bee’s knees. I made a sign for my desk at school proclaiming I could create one of these masterpieces for any interested party for the low, low price of $0.05. I think I even had one customer!
24) I like musicals and my favorite it Jesus Christ Superstar. I used to listen to it over and over again. When I was really little my aunt took me to the store and I sang, “You’re a fool Jesus Christ!” and she said, “Oh no no no Shane! We don’t say that!” I can only imagine what she thought my parents were teaching me.
25) When I was little I though the word magician was pronounced “maj-ik-an”. Like a combination of the words “magic” and “can” (not so crazy when you think of it like that!). I also thought the chocolate/vanilla/strawberry ice cream was Napoleon ice cream.
Okay, I like pickles. I would go so far as to say I *love* pickles. But nonetheless, they seem disgusting to me in frozen form and I’m not sure how I feel about them being in kids lunches. Call me old fashioned, but why not just give them a regular old pickle? But I definitely think getting away from the name “Pickle Sickle” was a good move.
That link was courtesy of InteractiveReader, and speaking of which, this quiz is courtesy of her boyfriend, whom I am currently blogstalking. You know, to make sure he’s right for her and stuff. It’s practically a duty. I’m sure she would ask me to do it herself, but that would be impolite.
I feel pretty good about Rickets. It feels kind of old world and dignified, as diseases go. Any disease with the tagline “Hear your bones go boing” can’t really be all that bad. Plus, since it is almost wiped out in the 1st world, it sort of has a nostalgia factor.
Today marks the first day that anybody pulled over to tell us how adorable Evie is. We were walking back from the garden and they just stopped their car in the street to tell us. So perhaps I am not just being a proud pappa in thinking she is indeed adorable!
Well, I guess we better get some good crops out of our garden this year…looks like it might be the first and only year! The land is owned by the University of Chicago who recently inked a deal to buy out a seminary on campus and move them to that location. From the University’s liaison:
“As we have discussed many times over the years (most recently in my letter of April 2008), the community use and enjoyment of the garden is temporary. We have long planned to develop this land for University
I know we aren’t entitled to the land and there are certainly people who have more of a right than us to be upset considering we haven’t even harvested our first crops yet, but it is kind of a bummer.
So, we were told there may be a survey at work sent to selected employees. Therefore, I was not too surprised when the link arrived in my email box. But the first sentence just cracked me up: This is not a phishing attempt. Oh, well that makes me feel a little better! Surely if it were someone trying to steal information from me to gain illegal access to my computer they wouldn’t be allowed to say “this is not a phishing attempt.” And in bold and italics no less, so they REALLY REALLY mean it sincerely. I guess all of the other stuff in the email must be true too, like how when I forward it to 10 people a little animation of Bill Gates will pop up and hand me a $10 bill through my monitor which I can send to Nigeria to recieve a million dollars. I think that email set cyber security back 10 years.
Okay, I don’t really like to participate in these blog chain letter type things, but when one is forced on me by an evil person, I must obey. I’m really hardly better than a trained monkey, folks. I will not force others to do it though!
What were you doing five years ago?
Hmm, May ’03. Not married yet, not even engaged. Wow, didn’t even have the cat yet! Hadn’t started grad school yet either. What the heck was I doing?? Getting ready to move frm Norristown to KOP and playing a lot of guitar I guess.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Get Evie to take good naps – check
2. Get Evie to eat all of her food – check
3. Finish all of my hours for work – check
4. Go for a walk with Evie and water the garden – no check
5. Write a blog post – soon to be checked
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Potato chips
3. Cheese and crackers
4. Ice cream
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Quit my job and start my own consulting company.
2. Become a land baron.
3. Send Evie to the Lab School.
4. Donate to Keith and the Girl.
5. Find some really good cause to donate to where the money could really make a tangible difference to somebody, like building roads in Africa (West Wing reference), rather than the “popular” causes that everybody donates to.
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Being moody and over sensitive.
2. Talking too much.
3. Compulsively cleaning my plate.
4. Actually, just being compulsive on finishing things in general (projects, etc.)
5. Licking my fingers after eating (courtesy of Sara)
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Janesville, WI
2. Fort Wayne, IN
3. West Lafayette, IN
4. Wayne, PA
5. Chicago, IL
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Paper boy
2. Sandwich artist
3. Food service captain
4. GUI team lead
5. Software Engineer
Seems fairly accurate…
|Your Linguistic Profile:|
|65% General American English
20% Upper Midwestern
Okay, I don’t know how I got this from the way I answered the questions, but I think it is creepily correct…
Test courtesy InteractiveReader
Your Score: Micah Sanders
You scored 58 Idealism, 33 Nonconformity, 79 Nerdiness
Can we play Scrabble tonight? Congratulations, you’re Micah Sanders! You’re good-natured, intelligent, perceptive, and naturally inclined toward technology. You’re also quite innocent and loving. You’ve got a fondness for computers and Scrabble. Your best quality: You’re extremely perceptive Your worst quality: You can be a little demanding at times
|The Heroes Personality Test|
So Evie had her one month check up today. Remember how the doctor was worried about her weight and we had to take her in for a weight check? Yeah, doesn’t seem to be a problem now! She went from 7 lbs. 0 oz. to 10 lbs. 1 oz. in a month!! I don’t want to call her a little piggy (I’m no Alec Baldwin) but that is pretty impressive!
And speaking of eating, I gave her her first bottle tonight. It took two tries (not too bad from what I hear) but after that she took to it like a duck to water. But then again, after the previous paragraph, maybe that is not too surprising! So looks like mommy doesn’t have to worry when it is time to go back to work!
Lots of visitors this weekend, but we didn’t really do anything. The weather was really nice, but we only really got out once for a walk. I did manage to grill out about 3 times, so that was good.
Just as a side note, there is now a billboard for TMZ.com on my way to work. Doesn’t it seem weird that a website is advertising on a billboard? I should climb up there and try to double click it.
Okay, okay, enough with the small talk…make with the ha ha’s!
I’d like to address this one right away. It is a “gourmet” candy bar that consists of a bacon center surrounded by chocolate. Got Book wants to know if my love of bacon overcomes my general disgust of mixing sweet and salty things? The answer is no, absolutely not! I think that question has been asked and answered with the bacon snack bars and the bacon caramel. Why would I want bacon and chocolate mixed when I could have bacon and chocolate separate? I do not even like to get syrup on my bacon or sausage!
Now, I think this is an ingenious idea! It is an alarm clock and when it goes off it runs away from you! Then it randomly changes direction, so by the time you catch it you are awake. Watch the video to see it in action. It will even jump off your nightstand!
Now finally, this isn’t exactly a game, but I was curious the other day how fast I could type. You, dear reader, should try this out and tell me if it seems accurate to you. I was typing on the Wizard of Oz text. I messed up some at the end so I think I could do better, but I guess I did pretty good. I don’t really know what the average typer types?
Your Score: Lion Warning Cat
61% Affectionate, 53% Excitable, 28% Hungry
You are the good Samaritan of the lolcat world. Protecting others from danger by shouting observations and guidance in cases of imminent threat, you believe in the well-being of everyone.
I don’t normally do these things so I’m not tagging anyone with this because I want to break the chain, but I’m in the mood to comply with the demands of loyal reader InteractiveReader.
Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) I played the clarinet in my tiny school band from like 4th grade to 6th grade or thereabouts.
2) I was a green belt in Tae Kwon Do. I was just about to test for my blue belt when my brother and dad got in their accident and then I started high school so I never really got back into it. I can still probably kick your ass though.
3) In going with the “skills you didn’t know I had” theme, I was in the fencing club in college. I only did it for about one year and I never participated in any tournaments, but I did even own my own foil and everything. I gave it to my brother-in-law though.
4) When I am about to start a new book I pause for a second before opening the cover to savor that feeling of “I’m about to start a new book!”
5) I have two main skills in life: the first is an amazing ability to memorize words to songs even though I have the worst memory in the world and the second is the ability to read little snatches of books at a time. If I have a chance to read a sentence or two in a book, I take it! For some reason this drives Sara crazy, she thinks there’s no point in reading unless you can get a chapter in. I don’t know, it doesn’t bother me at all and I remember stories very well so I don’t have to go back and re-read or anything.
6) Speaking of being a weirdo about reading, when I was little I read like a kid possessed! I gave new definition to the term book-worm. I used to hide behind the couch so my mom didn’t catch me reading. Sometimes she would force me to go outside and get some fresh air so I would pretend like I had to go to the bathroom and throw a book out the window and then go outside and retrieve it and hide behind the garage and continue to read. When I ran out of books I would read anything including my mom’s old text books and even the backs of all the shampoo bottles or things in the medicine cabinet. I am not making this up!
7) I used to collect comics when I was a kid, mostly Spiderman, Amazing Spiderman and Spawn when that came out. I still have them stored away so I can be a millionaire when I grow up.
8) When I was little I had this blanket that I took everywhere, and I liked to chew on it. There are hundreds of pictures of me when I was little with that thing. There were actually a couple of them I think and I had them until I was pretty old. My mom couldn’t get me to forget about them so whenever she washed them she would rip off a piece until they got so small I kind of had to give them up. My mom is mean!
Okay, I know I’m done with my 8 things, but that reminded me of two mom stories! The first is that she used to cut my hair when I was little and one time she cut my ear! It probably wasn’t as bad as I remember it, but I still get a little nervous when someone cuts close to my ear with scissors.
The other thing is that one time when I was learning to drive my mom told me that she heard somewhere that if you see a box or a bag in the road you shouldn’t hit it because sometimes that’s how people get rid of unwanted kittens. Whaaaa?!? Why would you tell someone that!?! So now I have a pathological need to avoid any bag or box in the road even if I saw it just blow in and it couldn’t possibly contain kittens. But I just can’t risk it! Imagine the carnage!
And I’m okay with that.
|You Are Rain|
|You can be warm and sexy. Or cold and unwelcoming. Either way, you slowly bring out the beauty around you. You are best known for: your touch Your dominant state: changing|
(Quiz courtesy of Jen, I’m finally getting around to reading some back blog entries!)
I suppose it is only fitting since the Friday the 13th series is my favorite horror series…
Congratulations! You scored 74%!
|Whether through ferocity or quickness, you made it out. You made the right choice most of the time, but you probably screwed up somewhere. Nobody’s perfect, at least you’re alive.|
|My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
|Link: The Zombie Scenario Survivor Test|
I am Frylock from Aqua Teen Hunger Force!!
I’ve never done one of these quizes before (despite getting many as email) so I figured I might as well start with a bang…
What is your name?: Shane
Are you named after anyone?: Well, technically yes, but not really. My mom read somewhere that Shane meant John, so my dad is John Charles and I’m Shane Charles. I’ve never heard that Shane means John though.
What’s your screename?: erith1
Would you name a child of yours after you?: No. After someone else possibly, but I think its pompus to name one after yourself.
If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be?: I don’t know…my mom probably told me some time but I don’t remember.
If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?: Hmm, I don’t know. I don’t particularly like anybody’s name.
Are there any mispronounciations/typos that ppl do w/ your name constantly?: Yes. Always. Shane is not that close to Shawn people! Nothing is more awkward than when someone I’ve known for years calls me Shawn and I have to correct them…and it happens ALL THE TIME.
Would you drop your last name if you became famous?: Sure.
Your gender:: All man baby.
Your height:: 6’1” or 6’2”
Eye color:: er…hazelly?
Happy with it?: Not really I guess. ::shrug::
Hair color:: Blondish brown, what little I have left.
Happy with it?: Yeah I guess…I don’t think about my appearance all that much.
Your living arrangement:: Yes, living.
Your family:: Younger brother and sister and many, many, many extended relatives!
Have any pets?: Loud ass cat named Nala. She’s pretty though.
Whats your job?: Commercial Software Application Engineer.
Piercings?: My left ear used to be pierced twice, but those have long since grown over.
Tattoos?: Nope. I’m not against them per say, but I can’t think of anything in my life that’s worth tattooing about.
Addictions?: hmm, not really.
Do you speak another language?: Geek.
Have a favorite quote?: Not a favorite, although I frequently quote songs and movies…’cause I’m cool like that.
Do you have a webpage?: Not a real one right now, although historically I have. We have a wedding web page.
-+-+-+Deep Thoughts About Life and You in it
Do you live in the moment?: No.
Do you consider yourself tolerant of others?: Yes.
Do you have any secrets?: No.
Do you hate yourself?: Absolutely not.
Do you like your handwriting?: No.
Do you have any bad habits?: Hmm, I guess, nothing too bad or else I would quit. I’m kind of cheap.
What is the compliment you get from most people?: Nothing comes to mind. Probably that I’m funny.
If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called?: Instant Messanger, the Musical.
What’s your biggest fear?: Vampires.
Can you sing?: No, but I love to anyway!
Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool?: No.
Are you a loner?: Definitely not.
What are your #1 priorities in life?: If they are priorities plural, how can they all be #1? I guess my #1 priorities are making friends and having a good family life.
If you were another person, would you be friends with you?: Absolutely.
Are you a daredevil?: Way not.
Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself?: Actually, no. I love myself. Carnally. No seriously, I really do like everything about myself because if I didn’t, I would change.
Are you passive or agressive? Passive mostly, but sometimes aggressive.
Do you have a journal?: Eh? You’re on it.
What is your greatest strength and weakness?: Strength is probably my ability to make friends and weakness is maybe…I can’t think of any big weaknesses so I guess my weakness is being conceited.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: Nothing. Maybe I’d give myself more money.
Do you think you are emotionally strong?: Yeah.
Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life?: Dating more in college.
What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from life?: If you want something or want to be somebody, then just do it, don’t make excuses.
What do you like the most about your body?: Opposable thumbs.
Do you think you are good looking?: No.
Are you confident?: Yes.
What is the fictional character you are most like?: They don’t write books about people as boring as me.
Are you perceived wrongly?: No, although I don’t know how everybody perceives me.
Smoke?: No. Smoking is awful.
Do drugs?: Never.
Read the newspaper?: No, but I used to…especially when I was a paper boy.
Pray?: Yeah, but its unconscious and only when I want something.
Go to church?: No, I’ve done my time.
Talk to strangers who IM you?: Sometimes, depends on how bored I am.
Sleep with stuffed animals?: No, I have a real animal that hogs up all the room.
Take walks in the rain?: Every once in awhile, got to be in the mood.
Talk to people even though you hate them?: Yes.
Like to drive fast?: Not really, usually 5 over.
-+-+-+Would or Have You Ever?
Liked your voice?: I like it alright, but I wish I could sing better.
Hurt yourself?: Not intentionally.
Been out of the country?: Italy!!! Also Canada. Hopefully England soon to visit Anna.
Eaten something that made other people sick?: Lardo and fish ravioli and tiny octopus in Italy…but it made me sick too! For some reason cheese and peanut butter sandwiches make some people sick but they’re crazy.
Been in love?: Yes.
Done drugs?: Nope, unless you count second hand.
Gone skinny dipping?: I don’t think so…not that I remember.
Had a medical emergency?: Nope. Not even a broken bone. I had stiches once but it wasn’t an emergency since it was like hours after the injury happened.
Had surgery?: I had tubes in my ears when I was really little. That’s it, not even my tonsiles out.
Ran away from home?: No.
Played strip poker?: Yes.
Gotten beaten up?: Not beaten up per say, but pushed around.
Beaten someone up?: Same as above.
Been picked on?: Yes
Been on stage?: No, unless you count the christmas programs in grade school.
Slept outdoors?: Yeah
Thought about suicide?: Not even a little bit.
Pulled an all nighter?: Good luck graduating computer science (at least at Purdue) without ‘um.
If yes, what is your record?: Please, 24 hours is amazing for me in itself.
Gone one day without food?: HA HA HA. NO.
Talked on the phone all night?: Deep into the night, but not all night.
Slept together with the opposite sex w/o actually having sex?: Unfortunately, that’s the story of my life!
Slept all day?: As often as posible.
Killed someone?: Yeah, so don’t fuck with me.
Made out with a stranger?: Strange people, but not strangers.
Had sex with a stranger?: No.
Thought you’re going crazy?: No.
Kissed the same sex?: Nope.
Done anything sexual with the same sex?: Nope.
Been betrayed?: Uh…I don’t think so.
Had a dream that came true?: My dreams are too wacked out.
Broken the law?: NEVER. Especially not pirated music. j/k
Met a famous person?: No.
Have you ever killed an animal by accident?: I hit a rabit with my car once.
On purpose?: Do insects count?
Told a secret you swore you wouldn’t tell?: No.
Stolen anything?: No.
Been on radio/tv?: Yeah, for stupid crap like boy scouts.
Been in a mosh-pit?: Nope.
Had a nervous breakdown?: No.
Bungee jumped?: No, and never will.
Had a dream that kept coming back?: Yes, but never for more than a few weeks.
Belive in life on other planets?: Sure, but I don’t believe they’ve ever been to earth.
Miracles?: I’d love to see one, but I’m pretty skeptical.
Magic?: Not real magic, but sleight of hand.
Ghosts?: Hmm…that’s tough. I think its possible, yeah.
Luck?: Certainly good or bad things can randomly happen to people.
Love at first sight?: No.
Yin and yang (that good cant exist w/o bad)?: Yes
Easter bunny?: No.
Believe its possible to remain faithful forever?: Uh…Sara reads this, so yes.
Believe theres a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?: No, unless you mean in the sense that people who work hard get rewards.
Do you wish on stars?: Yeah, but I don’t believe that will make it come true.
-+-+-+Deep Theological Questions
Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?: I try not to think about it…probably no.
Do you think God has a gender?: No.
Do you believe in organized religion?: It serves a purpose.
Where do you think we go when we die?: Somewhere, its not over.
Do you have any gay/lesbian friends?: I’ve known a lot of them, but not really any friends.
Who is your best friend?: Sara, then Schafer.
Who’s the one person that knows most about you?: Well…Sara probably knows me the best, but Schafer has known me for like 16 years so he knows more stories.
What’s the best advice that anyone has ever given to you?: Uh…I can’t think of any good advice anybody has given me.
Your favorite inside joke? “And then TWO giants come out of the woods!”
Thing you’re picked on most about?: I’m the kind of guy people like to pick on.
Who’s your longest known friend?: Definitely Schafer.
Newest?: Jeff Brown.
Shyest?: Sara or Tony maybe or Chris Rupley? I don’t know.
Sweetest?: I haven’t tasted them all.
Closest?: In location? Tony, Dawna or Jeff, everybody else is no less than 12 hours away.
Weirdest?: 85. <– Yes, that’s a person.
Ditziest?: Me I think. I’m sort of a ditz.
Friends you miss being close to the most?: Jamie Ewing or Stacy.
Last person you talked to online?: Pivo.
Who do you talk to most online?: Sara probably and then Tony.
Who are you on the phone with most?: Sara without a doubt.
Who do you trust most?: Depends on what you mean. With a secret? Probably Sara. With a body? Probably Schafer…well actually he’d probably tell somebody and end up being my downfall, but then again he’ll probably have good body-disposing connections when he gets out of prison.
Who listens to your problems?: I wish it was Sara, but she doesn’t like to hear them. I don’t know, I tell everybody my problems, constantly. Whoever gets stuck being my cube mate at work has to hear them over and over and over again as I tell each person that comes by.
Who do you fight most with?: Sara is the only person I fight with really.
Who’s the nicest?: Probably Chris Rupley.
Who’s the most outgoing?: Reid probably.
Who’s the best singer?: Reid again.
Who’s on your shit-list?: Nobody at the moment. I’m not a grudge holder.
Have you ever thought of having sex with a friend?: Of course, what a dumb question.
Who’s your second family?: I have an extended family of friends. My second family is probably “the guys” from Purdue.
Do you always feel understood?: Yeah, I think so.
Who’s the loudest friend?: Dave Brown maybe?
Do you trust others easily?: Way too easily.
Who’s house were you last at?: Tony I think.
Name one person who’s arms you feel safe in: Mine.
Do your friends know you?: Yes, in painful detail.
Friend that lives farthest away: Wow, all of them. It’s a tie.
-+-+-+Love and All That
Do you consider love a mistake?: Never.
What do you find romantic?: Pretty much everything Sara doesn’t like.
Turn-on?: A stiff breeze? It doesn’t take much.
Turn-off?: I can’t think of any. I guess being really dumb or really stuck up.
First kiss?: Sharri Pentangelo.
If someone you had no interest in had interest in dating you how would you feel?: Flattered.
Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them?: Absolutely.
Have you ever wished it was more socially acceptable for a girl to ask a guy out: Uh…I don’t think it’s really taboo anymore.
Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive: Honestly, no.
Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking?: Psh, don’t be rediculous. My strategy has always been, get them talking and force them to forget you’re a troll.
What is best about the opposite sex?: EVERYTHING!!!!!! They’re soft.
What is the worst thing about the opposite sex?: Chastity. I know it’s cliched, but sometimes I really don’t understand women.
What’s the last present someone gave you?: My mom sent me candy for Easter.
Are you in love?: Rediculously so.
Do you consider your significant other hot?: She’s not hot, but she is absolutely beautiful. There’s a difference.
-+-+-+Who Was the Last Person…
That haunted you?: Preston and Renee
You wanted to kill?: Hmm…Sara probably
That you laughed at?: Laughed with? Tony and Jeff.
That laughed at you?: The world laughs at me.
That turned you on?: College Girl Joggers, I didn’t ask their names
You went shopping with?: Dawna if you count apartment shopping.
That broke your heart?: Angela
To disappoint you?: …
To ask you out?: Uh…I don’t think anybody ever has actually.
To make you cry?: Sara
To brighten up your day?: The maker of the sign at “Spread Eagle Village”
That you thought about?: Sara
You saw a movie with?: Kill Bill 2 with Tony, Dawna and Jeff.
You talked to on the phone?: Sara
You talked to through IM/ICQ?: Sara
You saw?: Tony
You lost?: Stacy
-+-+-+Right This Moment…
Are you going out?: Just got home.
Will it be with your significant other?: No, it wasn’t, but soon that will be possible.
Or some random person?: Not random, all of my friends that are out here.
What are you wearing right now?: Jeans and a tee-shirt
Body part you’re touching right now: My keyboard and mouse are part of my body.
What are you worried about right now?: Finding an apartment, Sara finding a job, getting everything done before the wedding…
What book are you reading?: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
What’s on your mousepad?: Having an optical mouse means never having to say you’re sorry.
Use 5 words to describe how you’re feeling: I think springtime is Allergy-rific!
Are you bored?: No.
Are you tired?: Yes.
Are you talking to anyone online?: Not anymore.
Are you talking to anyone on the phone?: Nope.
Are you lonely or content?: Lonely.
Are you listening to music?: Nope.
I actually finished that last night but didn’t post it.
You have a good deal of history behind you, both good and
bad, but through it all, you’ve become a leader among your friends. You
have an uncanny ability to make friends with people who hate each other, though
sometimes you just hate them instead. Surprisingly fickle, you keep a
good balance in your life between religion and humanism, but most people think
you’re fanatical anyway. You’re Istanbul, you’re
the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid
But I liked it, even if it did say I was a little sissified. Hey, I am a little sissified!
Aren’t you the romantic? Life is poetic. If you don’t already,
write poetry, you’re good at it.
But a nice one nonetheless! A very lazy day, but I still managed to get the wedding pianist finalized, dishes and vacuuming done and state and local taxes figured out. I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but in a whole day with literally NOTHING else to do, I still had plenty of time to read, watch bad sci-fi movies (my favorite thing to do on the weekend!) and talk on AIM. Sara had the bridal shower today so I spent hours on the phone with her, my mom and my sister. At the shower one of the games they played was where they asked Sara a bunch of questions about me to see how well she knew me. She did pretty good…even the ones she got wrong were good answers in general.
Question: What was your first pet?
My response: I had a dog named Heather.
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed my dog Lady which I had in high school. Not a bad guess, but Heather moved with me from WI.
Question: What was your first car?
My response: Light Blue Chevy Celebrity
Sara’s Response: Sara got it, including color. Sadly that car was still around when we started dating (my Sister had it).
Question: What is your favorite music group?
My response: The Dave Matthew’s Band
Sara’s Response: Sara got it. This was pretty easy, but my mom thought Ben Folds which is actually a great guess…lately I have definitely been listening to Ben Folds a lot more. Overall I’d still have to go with Dave though.
Question: Who is your favorite author?
My response: Stephen King
Sara’s Response: Sara got it, too easy. My mom didn’t though.
Question: What is your favorite movie?
My response: The Big Lebowski
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed Clerks. That’s a pretty good guess considering I have a giant Clerks poster signed by Kevin Smith hanging over my bed. None of the old ladies at the shower had heard of either movie.
Question: What is your favorite TV show?
My response: Scrubs
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed West Wing, which is definitely right up there. Last year, maybe West Wing was my favorite, but I like Scrubs more and more every time I see it.
Question: What is your favorite season?
My response: Fall
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed summer because that’s when girls wear tank tops! Good reasoning, but I prefer fall.
Question: What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?
My response: Samoas
Sara’s Response: Sara got it; this was a no-brainer.
Question: What is your favorite kind of candy bar?
My response: Milky Way
Sara’s Response: Sara got it, which I’m impressed with. I didn’t like nuts much, so Milky Way is like a Snickers with no nuts!
Question: What is your favorite food?
My response: Bacon
Sara’s Response: I have to admit, cheese is a fantastic response. I don’t just love cheese, I’m IN love with cheese. In fact, from now on, I might say cheese is my favorite food. This doesn’t excuse her from getting this right though because this question was the one question she missed from the “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” game I programmed for her for Christmas a few years back.
Question: What is your favorite snack food?
My response: Popcorn
Sara’s Response: She got it, too easy.
Question: What is your favorite restaurant?
My response: Maggianos, but I’ll accept Mancinos or Banditos.
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed Peace-A-Pizza. This was a pure panic move for her. First off, she only had to guess 1 of 3 answers and second, even my mom got it right!
Question: What is your favorite type of cologne?
My response: Eternity for men
Sara’s Response: This one was a gimmie!
Question: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
My response: Edy’s Cherry Chocolate Chip or Samoa
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed Mint Chocolate Chip because ONE TIME I wanted to get it and she didn’t. It was just a craving!
Question: What is your biggest pet peeve?
My response: People calling me Shawn.
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed messiness because I’m always harping on her about her messiness. I don’t enjoy messiness but it’s not as bad as people calling me Shawn. Besides, it would have been rude to point out her faults at her own shower.
Question: What is your lucky number?
My response: 8
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed 21. She had no idea, so she just pulled some number out of her ass. I picked 8 when I was super little because my birthday is Jan. 8th, 1980. (TWO 8’s in there!) Okay, I know that’s a lame reason, but I was very small when I picked it and it just stuck after that.
Question: What is your favorite department store?
My response: Kohl’s
Sara’s Response: Sara got it, even though it’s a stupid question.
Question: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
My response: 14 and her name was Shari Pentangelo.
Sara’s Response: Sara was close with a guess of 15 and Addie Nickelson. I actually only dated Shari for like 2 weeks in the summer and then started dating Addie right after that. Very good guess. This was news to my mom by the way.
Question: Who was the first musician or group you saw in concert?
My response: My dad took me and Dan Brand to see Carmen, some Christian singer.
Sara’s Response: Sara guessed Dave Matthews (who I’ve seen 8 times I think) but I knew she wouldn’t get that one. Even my mom was like, “huh?” Hey sorry, that was my first concert, nobody said it was a good one!
Question: What brand are your favorite pair of shoes? What year did you get them?
My response: Birkenstocks! Everybody should know that one. I believe I got them in ’95.
Sara’s Response: Of course she knew it was my Birkenstocks. I love those things! She guessed that I got them in ’94 and it was ruled that with my memory she was probably the one who was correct. One whole decade spent with them. I should throw a party.
Final results, Sara got 9 out of 20. Not too bad!
Nala has this new thing she does now when I’m riding the exercise bike…she gets up on the coffee table right by me and stands up on her hind legs and just reaaaches for me with her front paws. It is so cute that I have to stop riding and pet her, which only convinces her to do it more and more. That’s okay though, it’s definitely a good habit to encourage.
Tomorrow I need to go shopping to get my brother’s groomsman present. I was going to get a wedding present for Sara as well, but my sister helped me convince myself to wait until it gets closer so that 1) she doesn’t get one before I give her this one and 2) she can take it back if she needs to.
Well, it’s way past my bed time. Good night internet!